Baguio Villa is a large scale luxury private housing estate located in Pok Fu Lam, Southern District, Hong Kong. It is divided by Victoria Road into Upper Baguio Villa (555 Victoria Road) and Lower Baguio Villa (550 Victoria Road).
The estate was developed by New World Development in the late 1970s, and was completed in December 1979. The entire estate consists of a total of 1515 residential units, configured in 33 blocks, numbered from 16 to 48 inclusive. With total area up to 800,000 square feet (74,000 m2), only one-tenth was reserved for the construction of residential towers. Unit area ranges from 1,100 square feet (100 m2) to 2,700 square feet (250 m2).
Upper Baguio Villa consists of blocks 19-27 (odd numbers); Lower Baguio Villa, which consists of blocks 16-18 and 28-48 (even numbers), is close to the Cyberport.
There is a ParknShop Supermarket located in Lower Baguio Villa and the Cyberport shopping complex is within walking distance.
There are two minibuses in service. Minibus no.8 runs between Baguio Villa (with the terminus in Lower Baguio Villa) and theCentral (Exchange Square) Bus Terminus. Minibus no.28 runs between Baguio Villa (with the terminus in Upper Baguio Villa) and Sun Wui Road in Causeway Bay. The cost per ride is 9.0HKD and 8.30HKD respectively. The Citybus (Hong Kong) route 73 bus to Stanley Market can be caught from Cyberport.
Pok Fu Lam is a residential area on Hong Kong Island, at the western end of the Southern District. Pok Fu Lam is a valley between Victoria Peak and Mount Kellet, around Telegraph Bay.
Béthanie was built as a sanatorium between 1873 and 1875 for the French Catholic missionaries in China, better known as Missions Etrangères de Paris or MEP. Recently restored with loving care, Béthanie is now used by the Academy for the Performing Arts for educational purposes.
Across the Pokfulam Road, is University Hall, is a residential unit for undergraduates of the University of Hong Kong. Originally, U-Hall was the residence of a merchant, but eventually, it came under the control of the same French Catholic missionaries who built Béthanie. It was extended greatly and printed religious literature in its basement in many languages for nearly 100 years. In the 1950s, when missionary work in China died, the building was given to the HK government which gave it to the University of Hong Kong as a student residential unit.