The Belcher's is a high-rise residential development situated in the Western Shek Tong Tsui area of Hong Kong Island. It consists of six residential buildings which were constructed in two phases; three buildings were constructed in each phase. Construction for the first phase was completed in 2000, and in 2001 for the second phase. The building was named after Sir Edward Belcher, a British naval officer and explorer, after whom a street and a bay in the area are also named.
There are 63 floors in two of the buildings, and 61 floors in the other four buildings. The development's facilities include, amongst other things, carparks, swimming pools, and a shopping mall, The Westwood.
As of 11 December 2011, two of the buildings are at 227 metres (744 ft) tall the 28th and 29th tallest buildings in Hong Kong. Another two buildings, at 221 metres (724 ft) tall, rank as the 30th and 31st tallest buildings in Hong Kong. The last two buildings, at 214 metres (704 ft) tall, are the 38th and 39th tallest buildings in Hong Kong.
BELCHER'S PH 02 TWR 05
Kennedy Town occupies the northwestern part of Hong Kong Island. It is bordered by the Belcher Bay of Victoria Harbour to the north, by the Sulphur Channel to the west, Shek Tong Tsui to the east and Mount Davis and Lung Fu Shan to the south.
In 1886, when Arthur Edward Kennedy was governor, land was reclaimed along the coast of Kennedy Town. It formed a narrow coastal strip of land that included the Kennedy Praya and the coastal area from Beach Street via Collinson Street to Shek Tong Tsui. Additional land was reclaimed along the coast of Kennedy Town between 1933–1939, but works were suspended before the Battle of Hong Kong in 1941. Further reclamation was conducted at the end of the 20th century.
For district council elections purposes, the area roughly corresponds to the "Kennedy Town and Mount Davis", "Kwun Lung" and "Sai Wan" constituencies. The boundaries of such constituencies may be subject to modification.